You are hereForums /

ljewell's picture

Interesting article about training with Coca-Cola

Below is a preview, click to read the full post

For those that are looking at competiting in some endurance events thought I would share some information about using Coca-Cola during races, especially when you start to bonk.

Originally from this web site: http://www.pponline.co.uk/encyc/0204.htm

"Coca-cola: Many athletes use Coca-Cola as a sports drink, but does exercise really go better with Coke?

Top athletes seem to love Coke, not just as a dinner drink to wash down a cup of yoghurt, a cinnamon-raisin bagel, and a bowl of broccoli, but as a sports drink to provide a little fire during the last stages of a prolonged endurance competition.

ljewell's picture

Yellomundee Regional Park XC Tracks

As a suggestion for an away ride I can recommend the Yellowmundee Regional park just out of Penrith. It took me about 1hr15mins to drive out there from Lane Cove. It's basically a 10-12km circuit (I think) that takes about 45-60mins to cover. It has a variety of sections to it, bridge crossings, climbs, jumps, all on single track. My favourite part is a series of jumps where you can safely get some air (well no rocks to land on).

Western Sydney MTB club maintain it and here is a basic map:

Yellowmundee Track Map

Stuart M's picture

New bike for Gavin

Gavin,
A mate of mind rides a Prophet and loves it. He bought it second hand from a mate who got it as an unwanted pressie from the better half. Didn't like it when he first rode it, actually went back to riding his Giant for a while. Got it serviced and set up properly for his weight and riding style and now says its the best bike he has ridden. Key here make sure it is set up properly when you take it for a test ride. I on the other hand ride a Kona, 03 Kahuna Deluxe, and can't speak highly enough of their quality and frame strength. I ride with all the style and finesse of an overweight thirty seven year old and it has consequently copped a thrashing, it's been flipped more times than I care to remember and aside from incidental breakages (derailer hanger and brake lever) is none the worse for wear. Definietly check out www.mtbr.com for reviews and try www.nsmb.com They may reviews of all the bikes you are looking at.

craigs's picture

Highland Fling / Urban Polaris Logistics

Hi All,

I thought it might be an idea to keep the plans for these two big events in a forum. So we can ride together, look out for one another, stay together.
I know that I am not sure who is doing what with who and staying where etc....
So the plan is to keep a running score of whats doing in a table format or the likes.
Here is my info for the events. Feel free to add your details.
Craig

Highland Fling (looking for a third person for the 100k team event)
Team: Fork n Wheel
Team Members: Craig Leigh XXXXXX
Accomodation: Craig Camping?? Leigh Bundanoon Hotel

Best Mountain Bike